Developed for testing rough machined surfaces, ZL-60D fluorescent water-removeable penetrant is ideal for finding indications in castings, forgings, extrusions and rough surfaces. This medium-sensitivity penetrant washes off parts quickly and easily, leaving less fluorescent background - even on rough surfaces - for clearer indications and better inspection reliability.
ZL-60D is one of the most versatile 'work-horse' penetrants; customers can use this one penetrant for a wide range of applications on a range of parts to find many different types of defects, including cracks, seams, laps, cold shuts, laminations and porosity. Broad specification compliance further increase this penetrants flexibility.
ZL-60D has excellent alloy compatibility and is safe to use on most engineering and aerospace materials, including aluminum, steel, nickel and titanium.
Recommended developers are ZP-4B dry powder, SKD-S2 or ZP-9F solvent-based or ZP-5B water based.
Improve indication detection
- Makes indications stand out more by easily washing excess penetrant off with water.
- Reduces background fluorescence, even on rough surfaces
Maximise application versatility
- Ideal for an extensive variety of part types due to Level 2 sensitivity
- Universal specification conformance and fast, even surface wetting
- Drives value at each step of the inspection process
- Quickly apply penetrant with high surface wetting
- Easily wash off with water
- Use less penetrant over time because of lower drag-out and slower evaporation
Maximise operator comfort and safety
- Promotes better inspection quality by providing the operator with a more comfortable work environment
- Reduces discomfort from strong odours