How many indications can you see?
The smaller indication is clearer with 14A All 9 subsurface indications are present with 14A
What factors influence magnetic particle performance?
Performance and sensitivity are based on balancing several factors:
Particle size, density & distribution
Particle composition, structure & durability
Carrier fluid surface wetting & corrosion inhibition
Brightness, background, and color contrast
During an inspection there are many factors to consider when evaluating a magnetic particle, such as background, brightness, and color. To learn more, read our blog, How Brightness and Contrast Impact NDT Inspections.
Brightness contrast is the difference in brightness of two adjacent surfaces. In NDT inspections, it doesn’t matter if the indication is high or low brightness. It just matters that the background (or rest of the surface) is the opposite brightness.
Can you believe this spiral is the same green through the entire image? Color perceptions are subjective during fluorescent NDT inspections. How we perceive the color of an object is often determined by the colors and brightness of neighboring objects.
Increases indication detection
- Find smaller, finer indications in critical applications using the highly sensitive, strong ferro-magnetic 14A particles
- Optimized particle size and shape help particles move freely to stick to a wide variety of discontinuities with less particle clumping
Minimizes inspection time
- Clear, bright fluorescent indications form quickly due to the highly fluorescent, highly mobile particles
- Minimal background fluorescence help indications stand out more, so inspectors need to spend less time examining each part and increase throughput
Improves inspection consistency and reliability
- Maintain magnetic particle system performance over greater periods thanks to the highly durable, easily dispersed 14A particles
- Reduced particle clumping helps maintain particle concentration in the suspension bath for dependable inspections
Transparent, accessible information