Developed for large surface areas and rough surfaces where excess penetrant is difficult to remove with a solvent removable cleaner or emulsifier, SKL-WP2 is a water-removeable dye penetrant for Type 2 penetrant testing in visible white light.
This bright red penetrant is designed to wash off parts with ease, leaving less background for clearer indications, even on rough surfaces. The quick rinsing reduces water usage in the inspection process, and the rinse water is easily treatable for simpler disposal, for a reliable NDT process with less cost per part.
This colour-contrast penetrant meets all NDT specifics for dye penetrant testing and can be used on a wide variety of metals, including non-ferrous and ferrous.
- Outstanding penetrating characteristics
- Easy water-wash removal
- Vivid high-contrast colour
- Superior flaw resolution
- Excellent reliability
- Wide range of applications
- Excellent controlled washability over a wide temperature range and variable dwell times.
Dependable and convenient to use
- Easy to carry and use in the field with the convenient aerosol cans which are carefully designed for consistent, even coverage and maximum test area coverage.
- Use in all conditions without the need for darkness or UV lights
- Quickly and completely covers the entire test surface due to high surface wetting
Maximum indication detection
Produces strong, vibrant indications thanks to the bright, vibrant red colour, especially when used with SKD-S2 solvent-based developer.
Maximise operator comfort and safety
- Promotes better inspection quality by providing the operator with a more comfortable work environment
- Reduces discomfort from strong odours
- Exceeds all EHS requirements, does not contain NPEs or phthalates
Wide application versatility
- Inspect a wide range of components without fear of corrosion or specification non-conformance
- Meets AMS 2644 and is NDT-approved for professional industrial applications
- Reduced processing cost per part due to excellent washability, which is especially useful for large parts and cast components.